Yes, there is a way that you can withdraw you PayPal funds into your bank account. Once you have opened your PayPal account, register for the FNB Online Banking profile and withdraw the money to any South African bank account.
Get Paid with PayPal and withdraw with FNB, or you can Top-up your PayPal account using your FNB bank account and enjoy shopping worldwide.
Step 1: Create and verify your PayPal account
- Go to paypal.com/za
- Select 'Sign Up'
- Select PayPal Account
- Complete the required information and create your account
- Confirm your email address
- You will need to verify your PayPal account by selecting 'Get Verified and linking a debit or credit card to your PayPal account'.
- PayPal will charge a nominal fee to the card, such fee will be refunded later
- A four-digit code will be embedded in the transaction reference on your bank statement
- You need to enter the four-digit code on the PayPal website for your account to be verified
Step 2: Register for your free FNB Online Banking Profile
- Register for your FREE FNB Online Banking profile (you do not need an FNB bank account) by selecting 'Register' on the home page
Step 3: PayPal account linking
- Log in to your FNB Online Banking profile and link your verified PayPal account to your bank account
- Log in to your FNB Online Banking profile from the home page
- Select 'My Bank Accounts' or 'Forex'
- Select the Menu option and then 'PayPal Services'
- Select the Menu option again and then select 'Link your PayPal Profile'
- During the linking process, you will be able to add a non-FNB bank account for withdrawal purposes
Step 4: Transact.
- Top up funds from your FNB account to your PayPal account and pay online with PayPal, or
- Receive payments into your PayPal account and withdraw funds to your linked South African bank account
- All top-up and withdraw transactions are done from the FNB Online Banking site
- Each top-up and withdraw transaction will require a separate Balance of Payment (BoP) code
- Supporting documents must be available on request from the South African Reserve Bank
- All top-up and withdraw transactions are reported to the South African Reserve Bank
Trouble linking the accounts?
Please reach out to PayPal or your bank directly as MobiWorkX cannot assist with any issues/ problems that you have linking the accounts.